Employment – Barista
What could be better than working in a bookstore all day? Working in a bookstore café!
The Black Bear Café opened its doors just a few weeks ago and is already becoming a popular stop for people who like their great literature served up with great coffee (or tea, or all kinds of irresistible pastries). It’s a fun place to hang out and a fun place to work. If you’re a warm, friendly, hard-working type who enjoys making art in foam and discussing single-source Fair Trade beans with anyone who will listen, come join our café team.
As a barista at Belmont Books, your responsibilities would include (but are not limited to):
- Making coffee, espresso, tea and other drinks to order, as well as serving baked goods, light snack and lunch items;
- Learning about our coffee, tea, and bakery brands, and being ready to make recommendations;
- Connecting with our customers, having a warm and welcoming attitude and inviting conversation;
- Being pro-active in recognizing and fulfilling the needs of both the customers and the cafe;
- Maintaining a clean and well-organized environment.
Prior café experience welcome but not required. Candidates with flexible schedules preferred.
Please send your information and, if you have one, a resumé to “employment” at “belmontbooks.com”.